Interactivity and the Expanding Role of the Teacher
Why do we need teachers? If we have the books available to us, if all the knowledge is at hand, then what is the purpose of the teacher? As far as we see it, there are two main reasons for the existence of a teacher: to explain, clarify and summarise the knowledge that is being imparted, and to discipline the class. But the digital transformation is changing all this.
One word that sums up the revolution that is taking place in the classroom is ‘interactivity’. Some educators fear it, others embrace it, but whatever your opinion of it is, the fact remains that that it is here, and it looks like it is here to stay.
So how does interactivity change the role of the teacher?
Instant Access To Information In The Classroom
Because of the internet, pupils now have instant access to any information they need, including information that clarifies, explains and summarises what they are learning. They no longer defer to the teacher as they have all the knowledge in the world at their fingertips.
Interactive Games & Fun Learning
Interactivity is also helping to discipline the class. Namely, through interactive games and fun learning. By making lessons more playful and engaging, discipline problems and issues are reduced considerably. Most discipline problems arise from boredom. This is obviated by interactivity, especially the interactive touch screen.
So, where does that leave us? What role will the teacher have in the future classroom?
The Advent of ICT in the Classroom
Probably the main purpose of the teacher will be to focus the class. With so much information available instantly to the pupil, it is easy to get distracted. Indeed, focusing the class has always been one of the roles of the teacher but with the advent of ICT in the classroom, it is now needed more than ever. With learners becoming more self-sufficient, the teacher is freed up to spend more time with individual pupils, be they those who are gifted or those that have learning difficulties. The role of the teacher might be expanded to psychologist and guidance counsellor.
The Interactive Flatscreen
The advent of interactive technology, such as the interactive flat screen, needn’t be feared by educators. With so much going on the world and access to it being instant, the teacher is needed now more than ever before, to help make sense of it. And, as education becomes more learner centric, they must spend a great a deal of time mentoring individual students. Things change. We are living in a period of dramatic change, the pace of which is unprecedented in human history. But there will always be a need for a teacher, master, mentor…whatever you want to call the role, in all aspects of society.
Interactive Flatscreen Solutions for Schools
Our interactive touch screens are ideal if you want to let the digital revolution into your school. We’ve been supplying them for many years now, and the feedback we get from users is that they are excellent. A lot of teachers describe them as being like a very large iPhone or Tablet. So, if you have come this far, why not take the next step and contact us today by calling +353 1 466 0515 or online so we can talk about delivering the best interactive flat screen solution to your school or college.
Interactive Flat Screens
- The M-Touch Interactive Flat Screen – Excellent and AffordableNovember 13, 2019
- AV Equipment for Dept of Education New School BuildsOctober 21, 2019
- The Clevertouch V Series and Plus Series: Apps to Amaze!September 23, 2019
- Interactivity and the Expanding Role of the TeacherAugust 14, 2019
- Flatscreen Mounting Options and TrolliesJuly 16, 2019
Get A Call Back
Why Select Clevertouch?
- CLEVERTOUCH are Interactive Touchscreen Displays for Education. Clevertouch Interactive Touchscreens are changing the way we educate our pupils a durable alternative to interactive Whiteboards and Projector solutions.
- CLEVERTOUCH offers innovative features such as (optional) built in PCs and a built in App store that is focused on education.
- CLEVERTOUCH offers a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY on its screens.
- CLEVERTOUCH comes with a variety of education Softwares (Cleverlynx, Displaynote, Snowflake, Clevermaths and Clevernote). All Sofwares are easy to use and are child and teacher friendly!
- CLEVERTOUCH is very competitive in price.