ICT in the Classroom: Cloud Computing & Interactive Panels
Cloud Computing & Interactive Panels
How do cloud based tools and applications help schools to achieve learning objectives? How do they aid pupil centred learning while helping to maintain traditional pedagogic practices? How can you decide if the cloud model is for you or not?
Cloud Computing – Get On The Same Page
Before answering these questions, we must first ask, what is cloud computing? Cloud computing is basically web based computing which facilitates the sharing of information across many devices. In the educational context, this would be the interactive flat panel and any other device the teacher is controlling, and the devices of his pupils, be they tablets or iPads. Information shared in this way is said to be ‘in the cloud’. By centralising the information, you can make sure that all devices are on the same ‘page’ so to speak. In this way, the cloud can help to maintain pedagogic practices.
Keeping One Eye On The Interactive Panel
The traditional pedagogic approach holds that there are things that all children need to learn in the classroom. That there is a shared objective and the teacher has control over how it is learned. Cloud based computing, by its very nature, facilitates the shared objective and gives the teacher control over what is being shared. This is a perfect example of the marriage of traditional pedagogy and computer based learning. The interactive panel helps the teacher to focus his or her pupils’ attention on what must be learned. They must keep one eye on the interactive panel and one eye on their own devices. This is learning in the traditional way. The device has replaced the book and the interactive panel has replaced the white board. The more things change…
Cloud Computing Enhances Pupil Centred Learning
Of course, cloud computing also enhances pupil centred learning. Cloud based learning applications and ‘online learning environments’ allow for greater degrees of interaction and engagement by the individual pupil. Because there are so many learning tools and apps available, there is increased differentiation in the classroom. They also free up the teacher to spend more time on the individual pupil’s wants and needs.
Benefits of Cloud Based Applications & Tools For Learning
Some of the other benefits of cloud based applications and tools for learning are:
- Cost Effective: No need to replace out of date infrastructure.
- Up to Date: Technology is rapidly changing. Web based applications keep you up to date with these changes.
- Choice: Teachers can select from a variety of applications to suit their curriculum and approach.
- Time Saving: You don’t have to worry about maintenance and management as this is taken care of by the provider. This means no ‘in house’ expertise is required.
Making The Decision To Adopt The Cloud Model
Each school has its own set of priorities and challenges as far as educating their pupils goes. Making the decision to adopt the cloud model is made easier by obtaining advice from a similar school that has already employed it. Also, making use of a free trial period (usually thirty days) will help you to evaluate the service and decide whether it is for you or not.
If you want to find out more about our range of interactive panels and see how your school could benefit from Cloud Computing technology give us a call now on +353 1 466 0515 or contact us online for more info!
Interactive Flat Screens
- Is the Interactive Flat Screen Dumbing Down Learning?June 11, 2019
- Visit Our Clevertouch Exhibit at Office ExpoMay 21, 2019
- Clevertouch Interactive Flat Screens for Primary SchoolsApril 15, 2019
- Digital Strategy for Schools – €50 Million Available in ICT GrantsMarch 22, 2019
- CleverTouch Interactive Flat Screen: The Original and BestFebruary 18, 2019
Get A Call Back
Why Select Clevertouch?
- CLEVERTOUCH are Interactive Touchscreen Displays for Education. Clevertouch Interactive Touchscreens are changing the way we educate our pupils a durable alternative to interactive Whiteboards and Projector solutions.
- CLEVERTOUCH offers innovative features such as (optional) built in PCs and a built in App store that is focused on education.
- CLEVERTOUCH offers a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY on its screens.
- CLEVERTOUCH comes with a variety of education Softwares (Cleverlynx, Displaynote, Snowflake, Clevermaths and Clevernote). All Sofwares are easy to use and are child and teacher friendly!
- CLEVERTOUCH is very competitive in price.